Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mamasita

One of the biggest things I miss from home is Mexican food, and trying to find a decent Mexican restaurant in Australia has been a struggle. A few months ago I heard about a new restaurant opening in the former space of the Recorded Music Salon on Collins Street called Mamasita. I have been wanting to try it out and today Clinton, Jonathan and I headed over there for lunch. We got seats at the bar and started off with chips and salsa. The salsa had that smokey flavor that I love and the chips were made fresh (not from some cheap kilo tortilla chips bag like most places).

Next we shared a tostada tasting board with four tostadidas each of the de Maiz (sweet corn, black beans, epazote & jalapeno salsa, queso fresco) and de Pescado (market fish with lime, guacamole, nasturtiums & serrano chili). They both tasted fresh and delicious. For my main I ordered three de Pescado tacos (soft corn tortillas with grilled fish with lime, achiote paste & red onion salsa) which were absolutely amazing and had the most fantastic flavors. I also had bites of Jonathan and Clinton's food and it was great as well. Every dish I tasted just made me happier and excited to have finally found a fabulous Mexican restaurant in Melbourne. I can't wait to go back and try out more dishes on the menu.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...