Thursday, July 23, 2015

Square & Compass

Kat has once again introduced me to a new lunch place- this time a short walk through the Fitzroy Gardens to Clarendon Street in East Melbourne. Square & Compass is a lovely cafe located in an old red brick terrace house that opened in May. I think the best thing about the place is the option for breakfast all day, so depending on your mood, you can choose whether you are feeling more brunch or lunch.

I have been to eat at Square & Compass twice now and tried out dishes from both sides of the menu. The waffles with strawberry and rhubarb compote, vanilla creme and brandy snaps were good, and the waffle almost had a bit of a pancake quality to it. My menu highlight so far though was the wagyu cheeseburger with raciette, zucchini pickle, mustard, tomato sauce and chips. Very yummy. I'm looking forward to going back and trying out more of the menu in the future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...