Sunday, January 07, 2007

More Shopping and Visits

It's been a busy last few days. I met up with Angie on Wednesday and we headed up to Petaluma so she could torture me with trying on bridesmaid dresses. Being the maid of honor for her wedding in 2008, I get first choice of design. I think the current thought is to go with separates- tea length skirt and choice of top. After our bridal adventures we headed up to Santa Rosa so that I could see her and Andy's brand new house! It's in a new development and will be perfect for them. On Saturday I was back up in Petaluma to spend some time with Angie and Katie, and help her pack up some of Katie's toys and clothes. Katie was very entertaining- we read some books, hid under blankets, and Katie named the different parts of her face. You can see how cute she is.

On Thursday I headed into San Francisco to meet up with Lynne for our shopping excursion downtown. We started at Union Square and then headed down to the new Westfield Shopping Centre on Market Street. It's really nice in there and puts the San Francisco Centre next door to shame. Despite all the great shops, I didn't come out with too much stuff. I got a purse at Macys, finished off my gift card at Old Navy, and got the latest Badly Drawn Boy CD. I was really bummed out that I didn't find anything good at H&M. I think they are clearing out their winter items and don't have the new spring stuff in yet. The highlight of the day was our trip to Ghiradelli Square for a hot fudge sundae. They are the best things ever. Lynne had a hot chocolate because it was absolutely freezing outside with the strong winds.

Friday was spent walking and talking. Lynne came over and we headed out to Tiburon and had a good two hour hike around Blackie's Pasture and the downtown area. We stopped in the most bizarre coffee shop ever which was run by an old lady. I can't even describe it- it was like walking back in time. We would both recommend that you never go there to order anything. After a quick rest back at my house, Lynne was eager for more walking, so we hit the neighborhood and did a loop up Elizabeth Way and back down Fairhills Drive. It's a steep hill but you can see the Marin Civic Center at the top of Elizabeth Way. To reward ourselves for all this physical activity we baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies.

Saturday morning I finally caught up with June for breakfast at Bubba's Diner in San Anselmo. She recommended I try the creme brulee french toast with a side of bacon, and yes it was as good as it sounds. When I returned home there were deer in the driveway, so I took a picture of them. Dad wasn't too thrilled to hear they were there, since they love to eat the plants. I remember one year when I was younger we had all these tomatoes ripe and ready to be picked on the front deck, and the following day they were all gone because the deer got to them first. These are the hazards of living amongst nature.

Today I went along to the Modern Bridal Faire at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in San Francisco with my mom, Simi, and her mother. It was basically a bunch of vendors trying to sell you their wedding services. We checked out the booths and sampled some food. The bridal fashion show never happened, which was kind of a bummer as that would have been fun to watch. I think Simi has found a couple potential photographers/videographers for the wedding, so that's good. I'm glad I don't have to deal with all this planning (and Jamie doesn't have it that bad either). I just get to show up in October and everything should be done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...