Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tim Finn

Tonight I went to see Tim Finn play at The Forum. Before the show I wasted some time in the city with Belinda and we had dinner at Taco Bill. The food was okay, but still not up to my standards of good Mexican food. After wandering around some more we parted ways and I headed to the venue. I was surprised how packed it was inside as the majority of seats were already full.

Josh Pyke opened the show and did a good job. After his set I headed down to the booths in front of the sound booth to meet up with Rosemaree, Fran and her sister. Peter, who had been kind enough to comp us all tickets also reserved us the booth. We had a perfect view of the stage. Tim played a range of songs from throughout his career. The setlist was as follows:
Currents
Weather With You
Couldn't Be Done
Still The Song
Shark Attack
Unsinkable
Six Months In A Leaky Boat
Persuasion
Parihaka
Midnight Coma
Dirty Creature
Salt To The Sea
Horizon
So Precious
It's Only Natural

Not Even Close
So Long For Now

Astounding Moon
Poor Boy
I See Red

The pace of the show was non-stop since Tim went immediately from one song to the next. I was really impressed with his band, especially the rhythm section of Matt Eccles on drums and Mareea Paterson on bass. I personally think Matt is one of the best drummers in the world, so it's always great to watch him. The Split Enz songs really held up well even though they are over 20 years old. "So Long For Now" was a highlight to hear. Of the new material "Astounding Moon" is a beautiful song and "Salt To The Sea" was somewhat emotional since it's about Paul Hester's death. The crowd went crazy at the end for "I See Red" and a bunch of people were dancing at the front of the stage. Overall it was an impressive show and a good night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...