Sunday, July 03, 2011

Bridesmaids

Last night Amrita, Claire and I went for dinner at Claire's restaurant Tin Pan Alley in Seddon (very good wood-fired pizzas and even more delicious desserts) and then headed to the gorgeous art deco Sun Theatre in Yarraville to watch the movie Bridesmaids.  I had been wanting to see this film since I first heard about it, and it did not disappoint. Kristen Wiig plays Annie, a woman going through difficult times personally as her best friend Lillian (Maya Rudolph) gets engaged and asks her to be the maid of honor.  The rag-tag group of bridesmaids includes the ultra competitive Helen (Rose Byrne) who ultimately ends up taking over organizing the wedding.  There are so many hilarious moments in this film that I was laughing to the point of tears several times.  I almost think I need to go back and watch it again because I probably laughed through some of the punch lines.  If you have the chance definitely go to see this film.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...