Saturday, February 25, 2006

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

I knew the black skies were an ominous sign, but I didn't expect that the thunderstorms would dump enough rain to turn my street into a lake! The sidewalks on either side of the street are full of water, and I am currently very happy that my apartment sits above ground, even though I am on the first floor. I guess it's a good thing that my parking spot if/when I eventually use it is in another building on higher ground. I'm sure the water has entered the parking garage underneath me. There are at least 6 inches of standing water on the road at the moment, and rain keeps coming.

Article: "The Day Summer Went Psycho"

2 comments:

Tash said...

Hee hee hee! The old torrential rains in Melbs!! You gotta love that city!!

Nicole said...

Yes, but I wasn't expecting flash flooding in my neighborhood!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...