Friday, March 10, 2006

The Longest Day Ever

It was travel day today, and I have made it to the States in one piece. My flight up to Sydney was not full, but when we reboarded for Los Angeles it was packed. I was unfortunate enough to have a middle seat, and although we had some good movies (The Family Stone, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Good Night and Good Luck (was trying to sleep then and missed most of it), and An Unfinished Life), long haul flights are a real pain. I was very happy to get off at LAX, but it just meant there was one more flight to go. For some reason, the United Airlines Gods allowed me to sit in Economy Plus for the last quick flight to San Francisco. I wish I had that seat coming from Sydney! Due to the magic of the international date line, I arrived in the States before I left Melbourne.

I took the airporter to Marin and my dad picked me up. It is so cold here right now! I may see snow or at least hail- we'll see what happens. Don't get me wrong, I love cold weather, but it's a bit of an adjustment when you have been experiencing summer for the past few months. I had a lovely home-cooked dinner with my family tonight. It's strange, but it does not feel like I have been gone for over 5 months. Tomorrow Lynne is coming over and I'm sure we will be shopping.

1 comment:

Bella Carrara said...

Welcome back Nicole! I'm gonna give you a call to see what you're doing next weekend. Glad you made it home safe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...