Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Visiting

My tour of Marin continues. On Monday I spent the day in Novato. First stop was Rancho Elementary School, where I taught third grade for two years. I joined the faculty for lunch in the staff lounge, which had been renovated since I was last there. It was great to catch up with people, some of whom I hadn't seen in almost 3 years. Most of the staff is still there from when I was teaching, but all of my old students have moved on to middle school. All the classrooms have also been renovated, and I spent some time with Debbie's class listening to solar system reports before leaving. That afternoon I met up with the Klinkmans at Starbucks in San Marin. Cindy and I went through the teacher credential program together at Dominican, and Monika was one of my students at Rancho. I'm not sure if I still hold the title of Monica's favorite teacher, but it was great to chat with them and find out all their latest news.

Tuesday evening I met up for drinks with Leslie at Marin Brewing Company in Larkspur. We lucked out because it was $2.50 pint Tuesday. I didn't really get a chance to catch up with Leslie when I was at Wilson last week, so it was nice to chat without kids around. Leslie is another person that I know through my credential program, and we also taught together. It was a quick drink as she had to meet up with her parents for dinner.

Today I spent the afternoon with Angie and Katie in Terra Linda. I met them at the coffee shop and then we went and had lunch at the Japanese restaurant King of the Roll II. It was very tasty and this was Katie's first time eating some Japanese food (she liked the tofu in the miso soup). After lunch we headed over to Three Twins Ice Cream for dessert. We had been promising Neil that we would stop by his shop to taste the organic ice cream and today we finally made it. It's very good stuff, and Neil even makes his own waffle cones. If you are ever in the Scotty's Market Shopping Center, stop by and get a cone (after you visit Angie for a coffee, of course).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...