Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Boat People and Hungry Kids Of Hungary

Continuing on for a second night of bands from Brisbane, Tash and I headed to The Tote in Collingwood last night to see Hungry Kids Of Hungary and The Boat People. Strangely enough, this was the first time I have ever set foot in this legendary Melbourne venue. There were supposed to be four bands on the bill, but when we arrived we saw the list only had three, which meant we had mistimed our arrival and therefore the start of Hungry Kids Of Hungary's set. I'm still disappointed about that. However, they were as fantastic as I was expecting them to be. We got to hear the new single "Old Money," which is up there as song of the year for me right now. They also played "Scattered Diamonds," "Set It Right," "Tell Me Twice," and "Lenny" as well as some new songs they are recording for an album. I adore their power pop songs and harmonies and look forward to seeing them live again in the future.

The Boat People also played a good set. I wasn't as familiar with their songs, but for some reason I still can't figure out, I do know a song off their first album called "Unsettle My Heart." They played songs from their two albums and some new material as well. "Awkward Orchid Orchard" got a good response from the crowd and two of the Hungry Kids came on stage for their final song of the night "Born In The 80s."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...