Sunday, November 02, 2014

Ode To My Food Mixer

Around mid-year I had a leak in my kitchen that unfortunately ruined all my cookbooks, which ended up in a puddle of water.  I managed to salvage some of my favorite recipes but needed to go on a bit of a shopping spree to replace the cookbooks I had lost and get some new ones.  These are all now sitting on shelves above my counter top so they should be safe from any future disasters. 

Since all this occurred around the time of the end of financial year sales I also decided to finally buy a food mixer: the Breville Scraper Mixer Pro, which is awesome.  I usually bake cookies but having the mixer has meant venturing into cakes as well.  The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook and The Baking Collection by the Australian Woman's Weekly have been my biggest sources of delicious recipes.  Having the different mixing attachments has made it easier to make breads as well.  I made bagels for the first time and they came out fantastic, which is exciting because good bagels can be hard to find in Melbourne.  My next foray will be into meringues and finally attempting to make macarons.  It's a good think we like to have morning teas at work so that I don't eat all these treats on my own.
Bagels, vanilla cupcakes, and a pistachio and rosewater cake

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...