Wednesday, November 18, 2009

H1N1 (Swine Flu) Vaccine

Today at work I got the H1N1 (swine flu) vaccine since they were offering shots for free. It was quick and painless and all over in less than a minute. There has been a lot of paranoia about the vaccine, especially in the US. Australia has already gone through winter and while cases of swine flu were mild for most, it is very contagious and children and pregnant women seemed to be the most affected (in fact a few pregnant women died). As anyone who knows me would tell you, I usually shun any types of medicine or flu shots. However I have gone ahead and gotten the H1N1 vaccine since I will be heading to the States over the holidays and don't feel like coming down with swine flu while I am there (or infecting my newly born nephew). So if you are on the fence about getting the vaccine just go ahead and do it. I feel perfectly fine and even went to the gym for two hours tonight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...